2021-2022 COVID-19 Protocols and Procedures - Pike County Schools (Updated 9/2/2021)
COVID-19 Protocols effective 09/03/21
- Optional for all staff and students
- Not required on buses
- Increased cleaning protocols will be implemented by custodians.
- Enhanced cleaning will take place in response to positive cases.
- Water fountains and bottle refill stations will be available for use.
- Individuals will be sent home according to DPH guidance.
- DPH forms submitted to report positives & potential close contacts.
- Absences will be counted as excused for students.
- Staff required to utilize personal sick leave.
- Contact Tracing – 3 feet/15 minutes.
- Parents of “close contacts” notified by phone and/or letter.
- Text via Remind will also go to all called numbers.
- Schools should maintain a contact log of all close contact phone notifications.
- Students who choose to quarantine will be considered an excused absence. Teachers should allow them to make-up work as they would with any other excused absence.
- Staff members who choose to quarantine will be required to utilize sick leave. Federal leave has not been extended.
Ongoing Mitigation Strategies
- Daily temperature checks for all staff and students
- Visitors/parents are allowed back in schools in accordance with local school procedures.
- Schools will resume normal field trip procedures.
- Code Q will be used for quarantined absences
- Teachers and students should provide/make-up work under the same expectations as any other excused absence.
- Symptomatic individuals must quarantine regardless of vaccination status.
- Seating charts will still be required for contact tracing purposes.
- All other internal logistics (class transitions, desk arrangements, cafeteria protocols, staggered dismissals, etc.) are at the discretion of local school administration.